Saturday, July 30, 2011

Week 30: Day at the Beach

Now, I know what you're thinking: "Don't you live in Utah?" Yes. Yes, I do. And we drove a surprisingly short time to get to this lovely beach in IDAHO. Perhaps you've heard of it? Bear Lake was discovered a bit by accident for us; my husband's family goes there every year in the summer to enjoy the soft sand and warm surf. (And, yes, Bear Lake really does have both!) I just love how the beach brings out our true personalities.

There are those who sit around, eat some, and attempt to keep mostly un-sandy:

There are those who like the excuse to get out, run around, and play:

And, then, there are those that just love everything about the shore so deeply that they become one with the sand and waves.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Do you remember that time when I helped you move to California...and Ellie and Ben rolled around in the sand...yup, definitely one with the beach.

I love that pic of Abram...so cute!!!

Unknown said...

Such a cute pic of Asher?, the oldest boy. I'm not sure I have his name right, but he looks like a little Ivan with a smattering of Amanda.

Linda said...

I love the way their personalities are captured in these photos...although I might have expected Asher to be the one ensconced in the chair from which he could warily survey the scene... :)