Friday, February 11, 2011

Week 6: Waiting...



So, despite the fact that I have actually been making a concerted effort to photograph more of my life, I seem to have less of it to share. :? Technology escapes yet again, and so I resort to unfair methods. This photograph is one that I recently added to my shop (though I actually took it months ago), and I'm posting it as a tribute to the update on my blog. (About time. Perhaps my camera's refusal to upload has something to do with it's unclassy destination. Hopefully, this will encourage it some.) I've called the photo "Page Turner". And for those wondering, the book is a lovely 1921 edition of Scaramouche, by Rafael Sabatini, that was in a book lot we purchased from a school district's discard auction. Loved the book and love its decrepitly used appearance. It even has a mysteriously handwritten dedication in the front cover. But maybe that's for another post.)

2 comments:

Gramma Joy and Grampa Todd said...

Great photo! I've never read Scaramouche, but there's an old film by that name, so perhaps it's the same story! (Although, generally speaking, "the book is always better than the movie!") P.S. I like the new look of your blog, too :o)

Unknown said...

I really like this picture... this is exactly what I think of when I think of you...

Actually the book over the sink picture is probably the one I associate with you more...but this one captures the other side of you!